Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 27th February 2012, 04:16 PM
ahw609 Offline

linuxfirefox
NVIDIA 2000 install issues

When setting up a new system configured with an NVIDIA 2000D video card, I discovered that there are problems with the default drivers included in the installation DVD (FC16 64-bit in this case) - causes the system to freeze, crash, etc. Also the KDE Live CD has problems as well, but will run in the "Basic Video" mode.

I believe you could actually do an install using this mode, however I had a spare FX 580 card available, so I changed it out, and did the install using that card, which is supported by the installation and live distributions. After it was all done I loaded the NVIDIA driver (from the RPM Fusion repo), installed it, and when that was all working OK changed the card back again. Works like a charm.

Hope this helps someone avoid a little pain along the way.

Al

Tags
2000, install, issues, nvidia