Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th February 2012, 09:53 PM
Noahscape Offline

linuxfirefox
Media player's not working on second user account

Hello, thank you for reading. I have encountered some difficulty using totem and rythmbox. I have installed fedora from a live c.d and have added rpmfusion and livna repo's. I am able to play movies and music in my first user account, however my second user account is unable to even launch totem and rythmbox. they appear to time out. Upon trying to launch totem from the cli in my second user account that is the error that I get however rythmbox tells me that there is a memory problem and then references the same location twice. If i switch back over to my first user account I can play anything I want as I have already installed the necessary codec's. Could someone please help me out or point me to some self help about this problem that I am having with my second user account. I did try searching the web although, admittedly I may not have tried hard enough. .

Tags
account, media, player, rythmbox, totem, user, working

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On