Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th March 2012, 06:28 PM
dEnDrOn Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
xbmc troubleshooting...

I installed this excellent piece of software just 2 days ago and found it extremely useful. It runs smoothly on my fedora15 system but, i'm facing few issues.

1) Folders that contain my movies have movies+poster images. While adding movies to xbmc, posters are not detected obviously, in videos menu. Thumbnails of movies are randomly selected. So, if there is any way by which i can choose thumbnail of individual movie and set it to poster image of that specific movie?

2) when i run xbmc and browse only, there is no problem. But, when i play something and exit the program, i find the volume of my whole system to be increased everytime. How to fix this?
Old 12th March 2012, 01:14 PM
dEnDrOn Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Exclamation Re: xbmc troubleshooting...

i request moderators to please close this thread....my issue has been resolved!!
Old 12th March 2012, 02:47 PM
smr54 Online

linuxfirefox
Re: xbmc troubleshooting...

Why don't you tell us how you resolved it?

Have you ever had some problem, googled it, found (FINALLY!!!) someone with the same problem, then seen them say, never mind fixed it?

Did you then consider trying to track them down and kill them?
Old 13th March 2012, 02:16 AM
dEnDrOn Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr54 View Post
Why don't you tell us how you resolved it?

Have you ever had some problem, googled it, found (FINALLY!!!) someone with the same problem, then seen them say, never mind fixed it?

Did you then consider trying to track them down and kill them?
i didn't exactly get you!
Old 13th March 2012, 02:55 AM
smr54 Online

linuxchrome

I'm sorry, I was trying to be funny. My point was that there might be someone with the same problem. That person might google the problem and come to this thread. They will read your first post, and see that someone else had the problem. They will then keep reading, trying to find the solution. However, all they would see is you typing that you've fixed it. So, this person would be very frustrated.

That's why it's always good, when you solve a problem, to post how you solve it. It might help someone in the future.

There's no rule about it, of course (and I'm not a forum moderator either, so I have no authority), I'm just suggesting it's always a good idea, because it helps the next person.
Old 13th March 2012, 03:00 AM
dEnDrOn Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs up Re: xbmc troubleshooting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr54 View Post
I'm sorry, I was trying to be funny. My point was that there might be someone with the same problem. That person might google the problem and come to this thread. They will read your first post, and see that someone else had the problem. They will then keep reading, trying to find the solution. However, all they would see is you typing that you've fixed it. So, this person would be very frustrated.

That's why it's always good, when you solve a problem, to post how you solve it. It might help someone in the future.

There's no rule about it, of course (and I'm not a forum moderator either, so I have no authority), I'm just suggesting it's always a good idea, because it helps the next person.
here is the solution...

download the pdf guide...everything is in there, believe me....!!

Tags
troubleshooting, xbmc