Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2012, 04:27 AM
osce0 Offline

linuxfirefox
plugin directory for mozilla-provided firefox 11 64-bit

I couldn't wait for remi repository's 64-bit build for the latest firefox 11, so I downloaded one from mozilla ftp site (didn't know they had one for 64-bit linux until I saw this post).

Now I can't seem to be able to let firefox 11 detect and load the plugins that are in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins. I tried ADON_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables, and they don't work. The website http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux-amd64.html doesn't tell where it looks for plugins.

Am I better off waiting for remi repo to post the 64-bit firefox 11?

I don't want to change .mozilla directory for every single user, so /home/user/.mozilla/... is not a solution for me.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Ok, I got it. I needed to set MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable.

I found it by looking at the firefox script installed by remi rpm.

Tags
64bit, directory, firefox, mozillaprovided, plugin