Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2012, 02:51 AM
feromona Offline

windows_7firefox
Synaptic

Hi there Fedonerds,
First of all: I'm a Windows person, so I'm lazy and I like to click to run the Win installer, not wasting my time searching for solutions over a simple driver or program installation and so on. Also, I'm a Windows person and that don't mean I don't know anything about computers.
I've tested Fedora for a couple of days and I don't like it! I've tried to tap the touchpad (Synaptic) twice emulating the double click of my mouse but didn't work. A simple task Fedora can't do it right. You'll say: "It's a proprietary driver" and I say: "so what, is it so difficult in 2012 to write some decent code?".
I'm enjoying this forum just because my Fedora is now useless: I was about change the touchpad's setting and the cursor has never moved again. Lucky of me I have my Windows 7 64-bits running in my laptop and you'll probably think it's not cool, but it works fine.
Finally, I have to say I was unfortunate and I installed the KDE GUI which is kind of ugly and childish, don't have a pro look either. One thing is being free software and blah blah and other quite different is to have bad taste.
That was my Fedora experience. I'm not getting up Linux, I'll try another distro.

Tags
drivers, kde, synaptic, ugly desktop