Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd March 2012, 04:26 AM
vajvaj Offline

windows_7firefox
Fedora 16 Questions

Hi, i am kind of new to Fedora, just using it few times at my school now for some programming lesson. So i tested to install Fedora 16 on my Acer 4752G laptop, when i selected "Install or upgrade Fedora" options, it will stuck at a black screen after the media checking pop up whether i test the media or skip the test. The media test is successfully though. Then i go "Troubleshooting" and choose "Install Fedora in Basic Graphic Mode" and then the installation was success. But when i boot into the Fedora some pop said "Gnome 3 fail to load and in fallback mode". Beside that, everything seem like slow at first time after fresh startup. For example, when i click the "Applications" at bar, i need to wait awhile for those icon to load. Is it due to the graphic problem or is it normal? The laptop is having geforce 610m and i read around the forum seem like it is not supported. So my questions is:

- Is there anyway to install the nvidia driver?
- Is there anyway to make the recycle bin and folder at the desktop just like some old Fedora?

Your answer is very much appreciated.

Tags
fedora, questions