Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:19 PM
appaloosaa Offline

linuxfirefox
Fedora 13 Installation - no bootable device found.

Hi,

I just joined to this forum, after spending two days googling and trying to solve my problem.

I installed Fedora 13 on my macbook. with a CD that has all that I need to make the full Fedora 13 installation.

I let the installation make all the needed partitions, (aka. use all the disk ).
and I also specified that I want the boot loader to be installed on MBR ( Master boot Record ).

after the installation finished ( a process which I repeated a few times now ), it reboots,
but gives me an error that no bootable device was found.

Now, I know some may suggest that its a grub issue, try to reinstall grub or ry to cofigure "grub.conf", I already tried that (to do that, I had to be in rescue mode ).

I Also tried doing the manual partition (as opposed to using all disk), and allocate memory to swap, root, and /home, also didn't work.

I hope I didn't miss anything to tell you guys, if I missed any information, please let me know,
so that I can provide it.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tags
bootable, device, fedora, installation

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search