Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th March 2012, 03:35 AM
geion Offline

linuxchrome
Color temperature in Gimp

Got my first cold shower with Gimp when i tried to adjust color temperature on a picture (i miss adjusted on the field because i used a camera that doesn't have a continous adjustment on color temp). To me color temperature is very important as WB adjustment and all the image manipulation software i used before (not that i used many or any recently) had this adjustment. From what i know color temperature is just a number in the EXIF data in the RAW file don't know about the jpg though and this is a jpg file i'm talking about. The other color adjustments in Gimp, i am totally unfamiliar with. Found in forums that they i should use color-temperature.so in gegl that i already have installed, but can't find anything in Gimp menus, got stuck here, please help.
Old 25th March 2012, 02:54 AM
Tstandiford Offline

Have you tried working with the levels,? Check out this tutorial on exposure adjustments using gimp:
Http://gimpedblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-lesson-4.html
Old 25th March 2012, 04:21 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Color temperature in Gimp

well, you can use the GEGL operations in gimp fairly easily.
in both the color menu and view menu, select use GEGL. Then in the Tools menu, you can select GEGL operation and a box pops up to let you select what you wish to do.

but working with raw images, do you have the ufraw-gimp package installed? It's a gimp plugin that lets you pull raw images from the camera and work with them.

yum install ufraw-gimp

Tags
color, gimp, temperature