Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th March 2012, 11:51 AM
Jdogg Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
F16 KDE autohide panel appears where it likes

Hi all,

I have a permanently viewable panel along the bottom edge of my screen that is fine, however my hover-over panel at the top edge sometimes decides to move itself.

Sporadically it can appear across the middle of my desktop, sometimes opening up there, or hastily moving itself back to where it belongs, at the top. If the panel doesn't move itself I have to manually move it again to the top.

The position across my desktop changes also, thus far I can't see a pattern or anything that is causing this and it appears to occur randomly to me.

There appears to be no problem with the panel disappearing once the cursor is moved.

Any info or help much appreciated.
Old 31st March 2012, 08:43 AM
gmoutso Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Re: F16 KDE autohide panel appears where it likes

same here on kubuntu 11.10, it started doing so recently. meanwhile i started using a dual head and an autohide toggle widget. i wonder if they are related.

my problems appear only when the auto-hidden pannel is vertical. then it might just disappear, until i find the blue glowing line at some other x-position on the screen, and when i hover over it it might even flip side where the panel will appear.
Old 31st March 2012, 03:44 PM
cookie170 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: F16 KDE autohide panel appears where it likes

Same here on openSuse. The control panel should stick to the left side of the screen, but if a window touches the left border of the screen, the control panel moves to the right side of that program window. I'm using KDE 4.8.1 on openSuse 12.1, but I had that behaviour earlier on e.g. KDE 4.7.

Happy to find some people who have the same trouble, gonna file bug report on some kde side.

Please post if you find a solution.

Regards,

Alexander

=====================
EDIT: Filed a bug report here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297189

Last edited by cookie170; 31st March 2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: filed bug report

Tags
appears, autohide, f16, kde, likes, panel