Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th April 2012, 02:56 PM
piet85 Offline

linuxfirefox
Kwin: gimp window management

Hello,
I switched from gnome to KDE because I don't like gnome 3. I always used gnome with compiz, in KDE I would like to use its native compositing window manager kwin. I think it works pretty well, the only thing I miss is to create window groups. When working with gimp I often created a group with the "group and tab" plugin, so when I selected one of the gimp windows, the other two windows also appeared in forground. In kwin I haven't found any feature to do this. That wouldn't be any problem because in gimp there was recently added a feature to handle the other two windows as utility windows. That works well with compiz, if you set this feature and select one of the three windows they all will appear, but it doesn't do so with kwin? The utility windows are recognized by kwin, if you select this option only the main window appears in the "present windows" switcher, but if you activate it, only the main window will appear in foreground.
Is there any way to configure kwin the way I want, to bring those three gimp windows on top with just one click?

Tags
gimp, kwin, management, window