Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th December 2009, 09:56 PM
hyjalsoul Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me... I had sound theme on "Default", and I have the following sound under /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo
Quote:
desktop-login.oga
Old 4th April 2010, 08:40 PM
nariknahom Offline

linuxsafari
Re: No gnome startup sound on fedora 12

got it working after copying desktop-login.ogg to /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo and then changing system-preferences-startup applications-gnome login sound command to
Code:
/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play --id="desktop-login" --description="GNOME Login" --file=/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/desktop-login.ogg

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM CDT ----------

i still dont know about the logout sound. also the logout screen is just a stupid blank screen.
Old 29th May 2011, 05:58 AM
msmkhm Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
No gnome startup and event sound on fedora 14

Hi, I'm using the fedora 14 and have the same problem but I do not have any sound events at all.
However I have the sound in other things like movies or music , etc.
I activated the theme sounds and increased the sound volume but nothing happened.
in addition I don't have any thing for configuring the sound events (I mean changing the sound of each event).
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.
Old 10th April 2012, 05:50 PM
NovaTam Offline

linuxchrome
Smile Re: No gnome startup sound on fedora 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariknahom View Post
got it working after copying desktop-login.ogg to /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo and then changing system-preferences-startup applications-gnome login sound command to
Code:
/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play --id="desktop-login" --description="GNOME Login" --file=/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/desktop-login.ogg

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM CDT ----------

i still dont know about the logout sound. also the logout screen is just a stupid blank screen.
Thanks! Work like a charm!

Tags
fedora, gnome, sound, startup