Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th April 2012, 02:15 PM
bghayad Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Upgrading fedora from core 10 to core 11

Dears;

After doing upgrade using below steps, is there any thing I have to do to boot from core 11 instead of 10??

Actually I am working remotely via putty ssh.

I need to upgrade from fedora core 10 to core 17. But firstly I am starting with the upgrade from core 10 to core 11.

I used the following commands to upgrade the fedora from core 10 to core 11 but after rebooted, still the uname -r is giving fedora 10 (2.6.27.41-170.2.117.fc10.i686). So what I am missing to resolve this?

Kindly find the commands that I used it (and actually it went fine and downloaded and it mentioned the upgrade will start after reboot), but maybe because I am remotely working so I do not see what is happening in the booting or maybe I have to do something to select the new kernel? Any help?

# yum -y update
# yum install preupgrade
# preupgrade-cli "Fedora 11 (Leonidas)"
# reboot

Regards
Bilal
Old 11th April 2012, 02:55 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
Re: Upgrading fedora from core 10 to core 11

First, this thread's in the wrong place. It should be in EOL. Maybe you can ask one of the Staff to move it?

Second, you're going to have no luck upgrading 7 versions! Too much has changed to make it practical. I'd simply back up my data and find a way to get a current version burned to a DVD and install it. Yes, I understand that you're working remotely, so it's not easy, but I don't think what you're attempting is possible.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
core, fedora, upgrading