Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th April 2012, 10:26 PM
Trireme32 Offline

windows_7ie
14 looking for boot in wrong place

I'm a total newbie here, so please forgive me if I misspeak...

I'm attempting to run Amahi off of Fedora 14. I had it all installed, but I was getting some strange issues that appeared to be stemming from an issue during intall. I decided to do a fresh install, and this is where I'm running into problems.

I have one HD being used as the system drive (recognized as sdc), and 2 1TB HDs in a hardware RAID1 being mounted as storage. With the partition tool, I made sure that the LVM with lv_swap, lv_root, and lv_home were on the system drive, and I wrote an ext4 partition on the storage RAID, mounted to /var/hda/files (the shares directory for Amahi).

All appeared to be well-and-good until the initial reboot after the install. The Fedora loadign screen came up for a few seconds, and then dumped me out. It said that /dev/sda was already in use and it could not boot from it. I don't know why it's looking for "sda", while the boot drive is "sdc" and there is no "sda".

Is there something I can run from the command prompt that it dumped me to to fix this?
Old 12th April 2012, 11:06 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: 14 looking for boot in wrong place

Moved to EOL.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:13 PM
Trireme32 Offline

windows_7ie

I'm confused... I read the EOL description, and does this mean that I shouldn't expect any help with this?
Old 12th April 2012, 11:20 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox

No, it simply means that your post was moved to a sub-Forum where members who run F14 and older versions are more likely to view it and, since F14 is quite different from F15 and F16, you'll probably get better results.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 12th April 2012, 11:36 PM
Trireme32 Offline

windows_7ie

Sweet - thanks. I was worried there for a second!

Tags
boot, mount boot partition, place, sda, sdc, wrong