Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th April 2012, 01:51 PM
settingsun Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
How Do I connect a device, that has no screen, to my network?

I assume a production server has no screen (headless). I've been building a server with a laptop. I installed fedora on it, gave it a static ip address and an ifcfg-eth0 configuration file, etc, and did all my work using its screen.

I'm going to buy production hardware, and set up the headless production server locally, using my home network - then send it to the co location host.

I used the laptop's screen to configure the laptop to connect to the network. I assume I will use the laptop screen to contact the headless server and configure it.

How is this done? How do I connect ( assign static ip, etc, so the network can talk to it) a server to my network when the server has no screen?

Thanks

Tags
connect, device, network, screen

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On