Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2012, 08:51 AM
tsinik Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Fedora 16: the begining of the end?

I work as an IT Engineer, at some firm. For us Fedora 15 was the end. Period.
Since then we made up a plan to change about 120 pcs from fedora 14 to Windows 7. I use linux for my everyday needs since redhat 5, but i had to change this too. I hate to say it but I am much more productive using Windows than Fedora 15+, and most of all I still have the feeling of using a computer and not a bank's ATM. CentOS and Scientific may be good alternatives but they seem also like a time journey to the past. User's needs have to follow today's software development so its not an exact alternative solution.

The main reason for me to stop using Fedora was an ethical one as I felt like the turn to Gnome 3 was more of a corporate decision than a community one. But that's already history anyway.

I occasionally enter to the forum here with a hope that someday I will get back my favorite OS.

I understand that distros like fedora have to innovate, but seeing other distros too (Ubuntu etc) , I must say that I dont like the future of GNU/Linux, cause all these "information hiding" will produce a generation of linux users who will be just "button-clickers".
Old 20th April 2012, 06:43 PM
RupertPupkin Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinik View Post
we made up a plan to change about 120 pcs from fedora 14 to Windows 7.
The main reason for me to stop using Fedora was an ethical one as I felt like the turn to Gnome 3 was more of a corporate decision than a community one.
Well, then it's a good thing you're moving to Windows 7, since its direction is always based on community decisions and not corporate ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinik View Post
I must say that I dont like the future of GNU/Linux, cause all these "information hiding" will produce a generation of linux users who will be just "button-clickers".
Unlike in Windows 7, where no one ever clicks buttons!
Old 20th April 2012, 07:23 PM
insomnia Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Well, then it's a good thing you're moving to Windows 7, since its direction is always based on community decisions and not corporate ones.

Unlike in Windows 7, where no one ever clicks buttons!
Hahahaha!!!

For real... This guy is just a walking contradiction...

But for real tsinik, why would you guys switch to Windows 7? Dont tell me these are servers???!!! I dont get why you would switch to windows 7, then complain because linux is becoming more like windows..?

Quote:
most of all I still have the feeling of using a computer and not a bank's ATM. CentOS and Scientific may be good alternatives but they seem also like a time journey to the past. User's needs have to follow today's software development so its not an exact alternative solution.
Quote:
I understand that distros like fedora have to innovate, but seeing other distros too (Ubuntu etc) , I must say that I dont like the future of GNU/Linux, cause all these "information hiding" will produce a generation of linux users who will be just "button-clickers".
Completely Contradiction... literally complete contradiction...

You complain about linux being more of like a "bank's ATM" and how they are a journey to the past, and how people need to follow today's standards...
Then you are complaining about how linux users will become "button clickers"...
What the hell are you talking about? Seriously?
Why would you go to Windows 7 if you are saying linux is turning to a OS for a generation of "Button-clickers" (like windows for instance...).

I tell ya what.. The only time I ever do any "Button clicking" even in Fedora 16, is when I use Inkscape, GIMP, or adding styles in Libreoffice..

I think its a nice thing that some linux distro's are making things a bit more user freindly. Open Source Revolution! It will show all those "button clicking" windows users what the power of Linux is all about.

Plus if Fedora died at 15, why did you join this forum? and why are you still following threads, and commenting on this one, if you are a windows user?
Don't necessarily understand that concept..

Your whole post =
Good luck with your windows.

I use windows for a couple things, on one of my laptops, like Photoshop, and for a couple other windows only things, but linux will always be my number one personal operating system, and the only OS that will ever touch my servers. ONLY OS. Thats a promise.

Its really a great thing that Linux is integrating easier user interfaces, for everyone to catch on. Plus its staying modern, and still stable, secure, and a powerfull shell.

Your goofy

Plus bud, you could always just use your old "favorite OS". Who said you need to modernize? Since when is it mandatory? secondly, there is hundreds upon hundreds of flavors. Many of which can fit your needs if you look hard enough..
SIMPLE AS THAT!!
Old 20th April 2012, 07:57 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
# Last Activity: 16th April 2012 05:04 PM
# Join Date: 10th April 2010
Well, guys. He's probably had about enough abuse. Hasn't even checked back in to offer an argument. So ... before this gets any uglier than it already is ...

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
begining, end, fedora