Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd April 2012, 03:20 AM
deanej Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Amazon Instant Video: Fedora Support Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I don't understand linux well enough to know why it has to be more complicated on Fedora, but I'm bummed.
Ubuntu and Mint don't remove obsolete packages at the drop of a hat. Fedora likes to be bleeding edge, so no hal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenH View Post
I'm curious. I have Fedora 16 x86_64 and no hal installed (checked with rpm -qa | grep hal) and yet Amazon Prime videos do work for me. Is this more a flash issue than a hal issue?
It depends on the show. Amazon hasn't DRMed everything for some reason. It's not a TV vs Movie thing; every episode of Star Trek has DRM on it as well. I can't see a pattern.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search