Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:40 PM
mozeruk Offline

windows_7firefox
FLash / SWF files

Good Afternoon Guys / Girls,

I am a total noob when it comes to Fedora but have managed to get it all set up and running ok without any hiccups. The aim of using this software is to play a SWF file on a display screen in a shop window.

I have 4 swf files in a folde and one "master" flash file that loops these files.

In Windows I use the adobe flash player, I have to change the security settings so that the folder is added to a "trusted locations" list for this to work, but apart from that it works straight forward.

I am using Gnash 0.8.10 to try and do the same thing in Fedora, but the files wont play, the background colour loads ok but the actual movie wont play?

Any of you wise ones got any pointers?

There is a pint of lager on offer (or even a crate of lager for remote assistance!) ;-)

Regards
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:50 PM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: FLash / SWF files

Have a look through the Fedora Setup Guides. Link at top of the page.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Tags
files, flash, swf