Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th April 2012, 03:57 PM
equipment Offline

windows_8firefox
Installing Linux Fedora 16 of off an external HDD on Windows?

How can one install Feora 16 32 bit live of off an external HDD through USB?

I tried it with Universal-USB-Installer and get the error message that there was a no drive found to be mount and also the the format ntfs is not recognized.

In Netbootin the external HDD does not even get recognized in Windows 8 CP and is not selectable in the drop down menu, even though it is visible and writable in Windows Explorer.

I have managed all of this with Ubuntu 12.04 and Universal-USB-Installer, but with Fedora 16 it did not work for me.

Does anybody know about the error messages? Any action I can take from here?

p.s. I am wondering would the procedure work out if I simply format the external HDD in exFat instead of ntfs?

I have read that others have gotten it to work with vFat.

Tags
external, fedora, hdd, installing, linux, windows

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On