Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th April 2012, 07:06 AM
petmor Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
DVI monitor being detected when none exist

Hi

I have tried to install Fedora a couple of times on my NAS and each time the Live usb boots to a screen with just the backdrop, no menus or panels.

I also tried to install the lxde spin and found that I could activate the menus on the right click. This allowed me to check the monitor settings and I found that it had detected a DVI monitor when I am only using an analog monitor. The motherboard I am using doesn't even have any digital outputs.

Every time I reboot I also have to disable the DVI monitor to again get the menus etc. To try and fix this I have also installed Cinnamon but that still looks like LXDE (I have Cinnamon on another Fedora install so know what it looks like.).

I'm using a GA-D525TUD motherboard and this machine has been running Ubuntu and then Mint for over a year without this issue.

I am still learning Linux and am very much reliant on the GUI so this is a big issue for me.

Any help appreciated.
Old 28th April 2012, 05:52 AM
petmor Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: DVI monitor being detected when none exist

I have switched the GA-D525TUD for an Asus P8H61-I and that has fixed the problem. Since the old motherboard worked fine with Ubuntu and Mint I am assuming it was an incompatibility of some kind.

I also now have Cinnamon displaying correctly.

Too bad I had to buy a new motherboard to fix the issue though.
Old 28th April 2012, 11:32 AM
Dutchy Online

linuxfirefox

Might be this bug?
It should be fixed in 3.3.3, more info through here.
Old 29th April 2012, 04:11 AM
petmor Offline

linuxubuntufirefox

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have no other computer to test the MB in and the person I'm going to give it to is going to run Windows on it so I have no oppourtunity to test.

Thanks for the info though.

Tags
detected, dvi, exist, monitor