Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th May 2012, 12:09 PM
ObsoleteAcey Offline

windows_7ie
USB 1-2 device not accepting address

For some reason when I boot fedora 15 now all I get is the error message:

[xx.xxxxxxxx] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2(3,4), error code -110

It then starts the fedora boot screen and then drops to debug shell. Problem is I have no keyboard because of the issues with USB. At the moment I am using a slightly older kernel as the newer ones gave me USB problems (using 2.6.38.8-35.fc15).

Anyone else had this problem and know if there is a fix?
Old 4th June 2012, 02:29 PM
tashirosgt Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: USB 1-2 device not accepting address

I havent' had the error, but I notice this person says its a power consumption problem.
http://paulphilippov.com/articles/ho..._address_error

I don't understand why it's fixed by unplugging things and plugging the same things back in.
Old 11th June 2012, 06:07 PM
droidhacker Offline

linuxfirefox

Interestingly, I was sporadically observing the same thing in my laptop under F17. Somewhere in the midst of my tweaking, it completely went away.

Note that before my tweaking, APU idle temperature (24-25C ambient) was hovering around 65C. Following tweaking, its now hovering around 40C, which is much more comfortable and obviously FAR lower power consumption.

Although I can't conclude whether the USB glitch went away due to lower power usage or something else I tweaked, I can certainly say that the two are POSSIBLY related.
Old 25th July 2012, 10:24 AM
ObsoleteAcey Offline

windows_vistachrome

Anyone else got any clues on this one? My PC boots windows vista just fine, yet even fedora 17 is giving this exact same error. I'm about ready to just ditch linux altogether at this point

Tags
accepting, address, device, usb