Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > F17 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F17 Development Forum The proper place for all things "F17." This section has been archived since F17 reached final release.

Old 5th May 2012, 02:36 PM
nulldev Offline

linuxfirefox
Normal users can't perform standard actions | No session found for UID 1000 (unknown)

I have the issue shown in thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=278175 (marked as SOLVED)
but here I'm not able to "solve" it checking a systemd, pam or polkit multilib presence.

I found some bugs filed in bugzilla, mostly only partially related or closed because the issue disappeared with an update, but without a discovery on the issue.

I've performed a yum update from F16 as Hansvon, following the common safe practices outlined in the wiki. Everything was fine, I've logged in and out for a couple of days, when suddenly

- I can't try to connect to _any_ wireless network as normal user. Saved wireless credentials are not available for the normal user. Wireless works only if I login as root: only as root I find all the saved wireless networks --> I get error "No session found for UID 1000 (unknown)" if I try to add a new wireless network

- Audio does not work anymore, only "output dummy" (muted) shows up if logged in as standard user.
Audio does work if I login as root.

- I cannot mount any partition via dolphin ("Not authorized") when in KDE, and I can't mount any partition as normal user in GNOME and XFCE as well. Only partitions mounted at boot (/etc/fstab) are available to normal user.

- I cannot change KDM settings ("Not authorized") as normal user

Actually, my /etc/sudoers is the same as with F16, and it contains

Code:
root                      ALL=(ALL)       ALL
userWithUID1000           ALL=(ALL)       ALL
Some installed packages:
Code:
rpm.x86_64                                                     4.9.1.3-6.fc17                               @updates-testing  
rpm-build.x86_64                                               4.9.1.3-6.fc17                               @updates-testing  
rpm-build-libs.x86_64                                          4.9.1.3-6.fc17                               @updates-testing  
rpm-libs.x86_64                                                4.9.1.3-6.fc17                               @updates-testing  
rpm-python.x86_64                                              4.9.1.3-6.fc17                               @updates-testing  
rpmconf.noarch                                                 0.3.3-2.fc17                                 @fedora           
rpmdevtools.noarch                                             8.2-2.fc17                                   @fedora
Code:
yum.noarch                                                             3.4.3-23.fc17                                   @fedora
yum-langpacks.noarch                                                   0.2.4-3.fc17                                    @fedora
yum-metadata-parser.x86_64                                             1.1.4-6.fc17                                    @fedora
yum-plugin-fastestmirror.noarch                                        1.1.31-4.fc17                                   @fedora
yum-plugin-remove-with-leaves.noarch                                   1.1.31-4.fc17                                   @fedora
yum-presto.noarch                                                      0.7.3-1.fc17                                    @fedora
yum-utils.noarch                                                       1.1.31-4.fc17                                   @fedora
Code:
systemd.x86_64                                               44-8.fc17                                        @updates-testing
systemd-analyze.x86_64                                       44-8.fc17                                        @updates-testing
systemd-gtk.x86_64                                           44-8.fc17                                        @updates-testing
systemd-sysv.x86_64                                          44-8.fc17                                        @updates-testing
Code:
pam.x86_64                                                   1.1.5-5.fc17                                              @fedora
pam_krb5.x86_64                                              2.3.13-2.fc17                                             @fedora
pam_pkcs11.x86_64                                            0.6.2-8.fc17                                              @fedora
Code:
accountsservice.x86_64                                        0.6.19-1.fc17                                   @updates-testing
accountsservice-libs.x86_64                                   0.6.19-1.fc17                                   @updates-testing
package-cleanup does not show anything relevant.

Any hint is welcome

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Other infos:
SELinux is completely disabled.

I updated UID and GID from 500:500 to 1000:1000 several months ago, when I updated to F16. Last time I formatted these disks was in 2010 (...), except for a minor directory, mounted via /etc/fstab, that I tried to "update" to btrfs (I didn't use the ext->btrfs conversion: I formatted ex novo).
Everything in group "Base" is installed and updated, except "prelink", that I dislike.
I run an update today, and most notably I updated packages accountsservice to 0.6.20-1 and the kernel to 3.3.4-4
On a side note, I had to downgrade (re-distrosync to F16) X (1.12 does not work nicely with my ati card)(with or without fglrx+kernel patch). I really believe it's completely unrelated to this issue. I moved from X 1.11 to X 1.12 (and related dependencies, most notably startup-notification and xcb-util) and back before I encountered the issue I propose in this thread, and everything was fine. And it has been fine for a couple of days, logging in and out, powering on and off several times. It's not commendable, I know, but it worked. Reverting to X 1.12 obviously do not solve the issue, package-cleanup shows problems only on rubygem* related dependencies.

It's something deeper: user seems not to be recognized by some system components. I can login as root, establish a wireless connection, close root session, log in as standard user, and the established wireless connection is available (until dropped/canceled). But, just to make some practical examples, I can't properly use firefox, or Nightly. Some navigation works, but on some pages (like on fedoraforum.org) all images and text disappears. This does not happen if I use a browser when logged in as root.

I checked services (system-config-services / systemadm / systemctl) and I can't see where and if something is wrong.

Any hint is welcome; otherwise I'll have to format soon (and I guess, revert to F16 for a while: maybe I've been too bold with this "beefy" release) if I can't make any sense of it. I can't continue to login to e.g. KDE as root.
Old 6th May 2012, 04:38 AM
nulldev Offline

linuxfirefox
Smile Solved

Chroot'd from a Live USB of F17 TC3.
Reinstalled all installed packages in group "Base", system*, xorg*, pam*, xcb* + rpmconf -a
It returned in a working state, and X 1.12 works much better than at first glance. Something from F16 was still there, even though I did rpmconf et cetera.

Tags
1000, actions, normal, perform, privilege, session, standard, uid, unknown, users, wireless