Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th May 2012, 05:07 PM
squogmaster Offline

windows_7firefox
Firewall crashes on F16

Hello All,

Have searched but to no avail..

Am new to Linux and have installed Fedora 16.

Am opening the basic firewall config - 'system-config-firewall'

and the initial screen appears and the firewall screen greys out and freezes. A few minutes later the message appears saying:

The window "Firewall Configuration" is not responding. It belongs to the application system-config-firewall (Process ID = 3509, hostname = localhost).
Do you wish to terminate the application process including all of its child windows?
Any unsaved data will be lost.

Any ideas please..

thanks,

S..

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Sorted..its OK..can tell I'm a beginner...

I was attempting to open the firewall through a VNC connection which was prompting me for the ROOT password on the remote PC..!!

My bad....cheers anyway...

Tags
crashes, f16, firewall

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On