Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th May 2012, 01:06 PM
QuantumKnot Offline

linuxfirefox
Missing gstreamer plugins (mkv, webm, mp4)

Just installed Fedora 17 (64 bit). After installing the good gstreamer plugins, I noticed that I could not play any mkv, webm or mp4 files. Totem complains that the demuxers for each one are missing. However, gst-inspector says that they are installed. I've tried gst123 and it comes up with the same error as well.

Any fixes for this problem?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Oh, I just solved it I had to delete the .gstreamer-0.10 directory and run gst-inspect to update the registry file inside.

Tags
gstreamer, missing, mkv, mp4, plugins, webm

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On