Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 31st May 2012, 06:24 PM
sonoran Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Minimal install lists

There's also openntpd, a lightweight version, although I don't see it available for Fedora.

In Arch I use ntpd to get the time once during boot, set the hwclock, then quit, with this in rc.local:
Code:
{ ntpd -qg; hwclock -w; } &
I haven't looked at chrony yet but it's on my list because whenever I reboot from Fedora 17 to Arch I get a boot message that the hwclock is off (by less than a day - fixed). Time is correct in Fedora, but something odd is going on there that does not occur when I boot between Arch systems. I might just disable chrony and let Arch handle the hwclock.
Old 2nd June 2012, 01:29 AM
sea Offline
"Shells" (of a sub world)

linuxfirefox

Updated lists and added them into a tarball.
Packaged script tools with a cli 'setup wrapper' for those lists.

Please see 1st post for attachments.
Old 4th June 2012, 01:00 PM
sea Offline
"Shells" (of a sub world)

linuxfirefox

* Updated list files in tarball.
- Split gui.internet into: gui.internet, sys.internet and sys.wireless
- added gnash-plugin to multimedia/rh

The RPM package contains the list files and provides a script framework (wrapper) to install the list files to get a working GUI.

Please see first post for the attachments.
Old 5th June 2012, 10:26 PM
secipolla Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
Also, depending on the LoginManager you have installed, there might be a need of this file:

Run: st set lm deskfile
to change the values.
Hi sea, as I said lxdm doesn't need that file. It's set up automatically through the prefdm.service for systemd.

Another thing that I don't know if fits on your lists is that for Xfce to have support for Suspend/Hibernate from the logout menu one needs to install upower (I'm not sure what one needs for that support from the command-line: if upower is needed or if pm-utils is enough).

Tags
install, lists, minimal