Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 30th May 2012, 07:58 PM
tuxor Offline

linuxfirefox
Keyboard shortcuts don't work in acitivities overview

In Gnome 3.4 on Fedora 17 (64 bit) no single keyboard shortcut works in the activities overview. Not only the custom keyboard shortcuts from the settings menu but even simple hotkeys like volume or brightness control (on my laptop) don't work while in activities overview.

Especially, I can't take screenshots of the activities overview using the "print screen" key. In every other situation on the desktop or with an opened window the print screen key will save a screenshot in the images dir in $HOME. But in activities overview it simply doesn't trigger any action at all.

Somebody from a German forum told me, that for him keyboard shortcuts are working in activities overview using Debian with Gnome 3.4. So this seems to be fedora related and not upstream.

Any ideas? Should I report this issue as a fedora bug?
Old 5th June 2012, 10:15 PM
tuxor Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Keyboard shortcuts don't work in acitivities overview

Nobody here with the same problem?

Maybe somebody with a different linux distribution can report, if this is Fedora related or a known gnome limitation. If the last one is the case, I really feel like gnome should implement support for hotkeys and shortcuts in overview as soon as possible. If the first one is the case, I'm going to report it as bug on redhat bugzilla.

this is a really annoying thing: changing volume, taking a screenshot, adjusting brightness and all custom shortcuts can't be used in overview? how lame is that!

EDIT: It's a known bug, see https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=643111

Last edited by tuxor; 5th June 2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:05 PM
Gareth Jones Offline
Official Gnome 3 Sales Rep. (and Adminstrator)

linuxfirefox
Re: Keyboard shortcuts don't work in acitivities overview

Short-cuts don't work for me in the overview either (F17 w/ G3.4).

Actually some don't work in the normal workspace view either, that did in F16/G3.2, even though they're still set to their default (and correct) values in the keyboard settings. E.g. the volume control buttons are fine, but the calculator button does nothing now.

Tags
acitivities, keyboard, overview, shortcuts, work