<---- template headericclude ----->
can anyone solve this sududo .. i can't
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone solve this sududo .. i can't

can anyone solve this sudoku? i can't...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: can anyone solve this sududo .. i can't

Yep, start by puting a 3 in the top right square of the central large square.

dd_wizard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dd_wizard
    Yep, start by puting a 3 in the top right square of the central large square.

dd_wizard
    that means the top left large square would have the top right "7" which would mean the one below would be "3" and the the top right large square middle would be "3"
    %00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think something may have gone wrong, since the 2nd row 3rd column set of nine, does not have a valid location for 8, given the image you provided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several errors in this and as such it cannot be solved. You need to start again i thnk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot either. Let me guess... you have chosen a "Very hard" setting to generate this puzzle. I am not a sudoku savant to solve the puzzle in such difficulty level. Fortunately, there is an app in the repo with that name, "sudoku-savant". It can provide a step by step hint to solve the puzzle. And believe it or not, according to its solution strategies, there is a "unique logical solution" for this nighmarish puzzle. That is, it is not solved by the app using "trial and error" or "back-tracking". I have been trying to understand its rationale but I am stomped by more advance strategy like swordfish and colouring.

solved-puzzle.png
    Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 

stevea Guest

Hammerhead nailed the issue. Good catch since too, I (and I assume others) rarely make these sorts of errors - so don't look for them.

Oh Weitong - using computers to solve your sudoko is cheating. A good CS oversize for the programmer, but no value to the puzzle solver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevea
    Oh Weitong - using computers to solve your sudoko is cheating. A good CS oversize for the programmer, but no value to the puzzle solver.
    Hi Stevea, of course I know that, but have you tried to solve the puzzle first yourself? I did and like I said, I cannot solve it as it is way advance and I don't like to pull my hair out or lose sleep tonight. So, yeah I cheat .

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

One more thing. If you wonder why I even bother to post the solution here. That's because I read another post made by Null0 asking on how to file a bug for Sudoku application. I don't know why OP want to do so as he did not say it in the other post. I just want to let him know that there is "unique logical solution" to this puzzle, in case that is the reason for the bug filing.

stevea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by weitjong
    Hi Stevea, of course I know that, but have you tried to solve the puzzle first yourself?
    I solve a lot of sudoku - this one is not special. The question is not to solve it, but to show what is wrong with the state. Yeah - I did solve the question and agreed w/ Hammerhead.

I did and like I said, I cannot solve it as it is way advance and I don't like to pull my hair out or lose sleep tonight. So, yeah I cheat .
    The point of the puzzle (whether a blank sudoku of a FedoraForum thread) isn't the final state but the process. Listing one specific sequence - a computer generated sequence of moves - is no more useful than printing the final state - pointless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I again I am missing your point of policing my post. I am telling OP that this puzzle is solvable and there is no problem with the puzzle generated by Sudoku itself and more importantly, it is really difficult to solve. Did you read my previous explanation above.

BTW, I tried to solve the puzzle after resetting OP original attempt. I have NO interest in finding other people mistake unless I am being asked to.

can anyone solve this sudoku? i can't...
    I admit I cannot solve it after hours. I give up and need an answer before it became my nightmare, and incidentally I know how to get it. That may be wrong to your principle. But who is asking you?

For sure I know OP made mistake somewhere or otherwise OP would have solved it. But that's not the OP question, isn't it?