I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this problem but I really need some help.
I'm trying to install Steam on Fedora 17 (64-bit; GNOME).
I first installed WINE and then installed Steam. I inserted my log-in info and then it starts connecting to Steam Account [User-name]. Forever. Perpetually. OR it just disappears. Forever. Perpetually.
I've tried to fix this, really:
- Used Winetricks (did everything that's in this page_forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=169544);
- Used Play on Linux (which installed some fonts and deleted some dll files that (supposedly) could compromise Steam);
- Installed Tahoma font and TransGaming ActiveX Control (did everything that's in this page_fedorasolved.org/gaming-solutions/installing-steam-using-wine/);
- Did everything that's in this page (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...on&iId=19444);
- Disabled SElinux;
- Renamed ClientRegistry.blob to ClientRegistryOld.blob;
- Deleted ClientRegistry.blob
- Made sure I hadn't any of the programs that could interfere with steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...28-SFLZ-9289);
- Renamed another file (I'm sorry, I can't remember what file, but someone recommended that one of the forums);
- Deleted that file;
- Re-installed Fedora (“clean” install) various times trying to combine those steps in different ways;
- Reconfigured my router;
- Restarted the computer various times;
- Logged off, restarted, powered off the computer (in this order, without interruptions);
I can open Steam on Windows (this computer) and on OS X (computer of a friend).
My computer's info:
● 3 GB of memory;
● Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz × 2;
● Graphics: Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset;
● HD: 314,4 GB.
I just want to play Portal 2!
(and uninstall Windows.)