Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 2nd July 2012, 04:43 PM
yossarianuk Offline

linuxchrome
Updated Bios - it wiped out UEFI menu entries - how can i reinstall Fedoras UEFI menu

Hi

I just updated my desktop's bios - all well and good 'except' it wiped out all my UEFI entries.

I had Ubuntu,Arch + Fedora (all 100% UEFI installs) installed using UEFI.

I managed to fix my ubuntu install by using

http://superuser.com/questions/37647...tall-grub2-efi

How do I do the same with Fedora?
Old 3rd July 2012, 06:59 PM
srs5694 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Updated Bios - it wiped out UEFI menu entries - how can i reinstall Fedoras UEFI

From a working EFI boot of Linux (even from an emergency disc), you can use the "efibootmgr" utility to add whatever NVRAM entries you had to launch each distribution's boot loader back to the NVRAM. Alternatively, if you've got one distribution's boot loader working, you may be able to get it to either chainload the others or to load your other distributions' kernels directly.

Check the man page for efibootmgr or this page for information on that utility. You can check other sub-pages from that one for information on various specific Linux EFI boot loaders and boot managers.

Tags
bios, entries, fedoras, menu, reinstall, uefi, updated, wiped