Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th July 2012, 01:26 AM
JWilliamCupp Offline

linuxopera
Working a USB Phone with Skype on Linux

I have just purchased a P1K USB Phone which comes with a Skypemate disk for Windows.

Following instructions, I have downloaded and installed kB2Kskype as the Linux application in lieu of Skypemate (http://kb2kskype.sourceforge.net). It took awhile, but I downloaded *-dev files until I got a successful Configure, Make, and Make Install. Also, I have downloaded and installed the usbb2k-api and configured it to run in the Service Configuration. It is now running.

Now what? I'm not comfortable the thing works because the LCD on the phone simply reads "YLd 2005 1230" at all times it is plugged in. It did that even before I installed kB2Kskype. On a positive note, the "VoIP Mono Phone" shows up in the Alsa Sound control -- appears and disappears as the phone is plugged in or removed.

I think I am supposed to run the B2K Controller application (as shown in the user manual) in order to proceed, but I can't figure out how to launch it.

Any help?

Tags
linux, phone, skype, usb, usb phone, working