Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 19th July 2012, 02:55 PM
futuremonkey Offline

linuxchrome
Many network operations do not work, as though they're being blocked by firewall.

I'm using F17 (XFCE spin, if it somehow matters). I have disabled SELinux and turned off the firewall using the GUI front end, but I still get "access denied" when trying to connect to Samba shares and NFS shares, and other things like the weather panel applet also can't connect to the internet. It acts exactly like I would expect it to act if all this stuff was being blocked by a firewall. But I can't seem to find exactly what's blocking it, or how to configure it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10th August 2012, 04:33 PM
futuremonkey Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: Many network operations do not work, as though they're being blocked by firewall.

I "solved" the problem by installing Debian. I wish I'd been able to figure out why Fedora insisted on blocking pretty much everything except outbound http and ssh.
Old 10th August 2012, 11:12 PM
marko Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Many network operations do not work, as though they're being blocked by firewall.

I'd suggest using the official install DVD and not one of the spins, spins are more likely to have configuration problems

Tags
blocked, firewall, network, operations, work