Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th July 2012, 11:26 AM
rch1233 Offline

linuxchrome
Mail server

How to send a mail from e-mail account (something like gmail or yahoo or any other e-mail ) to linux mail server.

As I tried I can send a mail to e-mail account from my linux mail server but how can reply to this mail.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:01 PM
smr54 Online

linuxchrome
Re: Mail server

It's non-trivial. There's a good postfix guide on the CentOS wiki, though I'm not sure how much of it applies to Fedora. You set up a server, then you have to arrange for that server to have some sort of official address, such as using dyndns or no-ip.com, then set that up with a domain registrar like namecheap.com.

Otherwise, mail coming to you from outside won't know where to go.

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/w...r_Own_Web_Site

gives an introduction to hosting your own site--even though they're talking about a web site, it's the same issue, it has to be available to the outside word.

Tags
mail, server

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search