Fedora My Reviews
I feel a best Open Source Linux OS should have the below 10 days
1) It should be Free
2) It should have all applications I need on installation or should be capable of being installed in an easy manner
3) Should be easier to use and have a better GUI
4) Should be stable & secured
5) Should be customisable and re-mixed & distributed
6) Should have better "printing facility"
7) Should have a better wine support
8) Should be capable of being networked, shared & remotely accessed
9) Should be an ideal PAN Partner (Personal Area Network)
10) Should have the best support, stable & longer release cycles and best documents & forum support
Now coming to Fedora, I find that it has 6 out of the 10 items I said.
As on date of all the Linux Distributions I have tested and used, Fedora alone has scored 6/10 points.
The missing ones are:
1) Should be customisable and re-mixed & distributed
Fedora Revisor does not work well and hence I am not able to make a remix like Open-Suse.
I have spent 1 month in getting all solutions available in the world and found that it does not work.
2) Should be capable of being networked, shared & remotely accessed
I could network, samba is better in Fedora than in CENTOS.
I could share my files
However accessing my PC via remore desktop access does not work.
Thus though I could access others' desktop through Remmina, I am not able to offer my machine to others.
3) Should be an ideal PAN Partner (Personal Area Network)
Mobiles are not syched well with Fedora.
I have samsung duos champ...
Though Blue Tooth Recognises the device and I could transfer filles.
I am not able to use wammu or other phone managers
4) Should have the best support, stable & longer release cycles and best documents & forum support
Fedora has just 1 year life. I feel a min of 3 years should be given.
Atleast like Ubuntu a LTS edition should be there to support it for 5 Years
CENTOS is really good as it gives 7 years suppot.
As a result of shorter life cycle, lot of bugs are there in the system and it creates stability issues as we have to back-up and upgrade once in 13 months.
Many Apps like Revisor, VirtualBox, Virt-Manager, etc are screwed up due to frequent kernel upgrades.
These negative points if removed, Fedora would be the best OS of the world.