Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 4th August 2012, 07:28 AM
jeb3121 Offline

linuxfirefox
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding

Hi All,

More than once a day Firefox gives me a popup with a ? and text:
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs...uery.min.js:17

Stop script Continue
Clicking on either generates one of two responses:
1. The popup goes away for a while, or
2. The popup goes away then comes right back.

At other times FF freezes for a short while: keys to move up or down the page don't work. I don't know if there's a connection.

I had this problem in Fedora 16-64 and it's still here in F17-64(Gnome) to which I just upgraded. F17 is a fresh install which includes Firefox. However, I renamed the old default folder as the new one in the profile.ini.

I queried FF Support on this issue and got this as part of the response:
This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
The Totem 3.4.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
Gecko Media Player 1.0.6Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
MozPlugger version 1.14.3, maintained by Louis Bavoil and Peter Leese, a fork of plugger written by Fredrik Hübinette.For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the man page. (type man mozplugger) Configuration file:/etc/mozpluggerrc Helper binary:mozplugger-helper Controller binary:mozplugger-controller Link launcher binary:mozplugger-linker

User Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Close

I installed 17-64 from a Live CD and went to Autoplus to install Skype and codecs. I first installed the "Mp3 codec" which didn't work. I then installed "All codecs." This last is not successful all the time; unfortunately I haven't noted the details of the failures.

There's no file with that name in the default folder so I have no idea where to look. Did it come with the codec installations?

Should I uninstall the codecs and reinstall other versions? If so where can I find them?

A related item is that portion of Autoplus's page including uninstalls doesn't seem to be active. Being new to the command line I'm at a loss as to how to go about uninstall. I remember page after page of command line activity during each of the installs.

At a loss, jeb
Old 4th August 2012, 07:42 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding

When you installed autoplus, did you click on the link on the autoplus page? If so, you may have installed an older version of autoplus. The link downloads version 1.3.1 but it says on the page it's version 1.4.5

try this link to get the current (and sadly, maybe the last) version of autoplus

http://dnmouse.org/autoplus-1.4-5.noarch.rpm

or you can download and install directly with yum

su -c 'yum -y --nogpgcheck install http://dnmouse.org/autoplus-1.4-5.noarch.rpm'
Old 4th August 2012, 11:02 AM
jeb3121 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBelton View Post
When you installed autoplus, did you click on the link on the autoplus page? If so, you may have installed an older version of autoplus. The link downloads version 1.3.1 but it says on the page it's version 1.4.5

try this link to get the current (and sadly, maybe the last) version of autoplus

http://dnmouse.org/autoplus-1.4-5.noarch.rpm

or you can download and install directly with yum

su -c 'yum -y --nogpgcheck install http://dnmouse.org/autoplus-1.4-5.noarch.rpm'
Hi,

Thanks for your response.
Tt was my first time with the setup guides and I didn't install autoplus per se, just specific items on his page.

What does autoplus do?

Another question is, should I uninstall the skype, codecs, etc, before bringing in autoplus and if so, how do I do that?

Tags
busy, codecs, extensionsgnomeorg, firefox, page, plugin, responding, script, stopped