Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th July 2012, 08:26 PM
billybob linux Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Fresh Meat!

Quote Dan:

Quote:
We consult a Windows 3.11 powered cyber-ouja board, filter the results through a tea strainer, pick out the live bits, and microwave the rest. Then we take that to consult with the nasty old lady (the one with two remaining teeth, a chicken bone for an earring, and a sack of garlic tied around her left ... wrist) over on the wrong side of town -- next to the swamp gas pockets -- and get a list of appropriate victims er ... names from her.

Then we chuck that into the recycle bin and begin considering such things as: willingness to help, consistency, good temper, resistance to hairpulls, displayed good judgement, strong people skills, successful treatment regimes for most psychological syndromes and disorders, and a clean arrest record.

In short, if you're helpful, consistent, level headed, knowledgeable, and cool under fire, with a reasonably long history on the forums, you're probably already on the list of those being watched.
I would say that a "well done" is in order for anyone who can get through that selection process
Old 10th July 2012, 08:32 PM
Gareth Jones Offline
Official Gnome 3 Sales Rep. (and Adminstrator)

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob linux View Post
I would say that a "well done" is in order for anyone who can get through that selection process
It was certainly tough. 90% of the time, the ouja merely accuses the dead of performing illegal operations which must be shut down...

Last edited by Gareth Jones; 10th July 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Finalzone Offline
Community Manager

linuxfirefox

Congragulation Gareth Jones and DBelton. Lets the fun begin.
Old 11th July 2012, 07:43 AM
JamesNZ Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Jones View Post
I still have all my hair, but we'll see how long it lasts now.
Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!! Oh yeah, and congratulations to the both of you

- Jesus
Old 11th July 2012, 07:56 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
We consult a Windows 3.11 powered cyber-ouja board, filter the results through a tea strainer, pick out the live bits, and microwave the rest. Then we take that to consult with the nasty old lady (the one with two remaining teeth, a chicken bone for an earring, and a sack of garlic tied around her left ... wrist) over on the wrong side of town -- next to the swamp gas pockets -- and get a list of appropriate victims er ... names from her.

Then we chuck that into the recycle bin and begin considering such things as: willingness to help, consistency, good temper, resistance to hairpulls, displayed good judgement, strong people skills, successful treatment regimes for most psychological syndromes and disorders, and a clean arrest record.

In short, if you're helpful, consistent, level headed, knowledgeable, and cool under fire, with a reasonably long history on the forums, you're probably already on the list of those being watched.

Ahhhh.. That explains it then! That nasty old lady sounds like a girl I went to high school with

And when I heard that Gareth was chosen as well, the Gnome shell debate had entered my mind, but thought it was just coincidence.... until I read this post.

Congrats Gareth. Hope you can make it through your tour of duty with all of your hair still intact.
Old 12th July 2012, 07:45 AM
solo2101 Offline

linuxchrome

great... two more people to watch from.... release the kraken.....

Oops... that post goes someplace else...

Congrats... to both... Gareth Jones and DBelton...
Old 12th July 2012, 09:01 AM
diamond_ramsey Offline

macossafari

Congratulations to you two!!!

We are The Borg -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8
2 dual cores, 11 GB RAM, F21 - 3.17.4-300.fc21.x86_64 / i686
80 x86_64 computing cores, 144 GB RAM & 8 SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks
Old 5th August 2012, 01:33 AM
Penguinclaw Offline

windows_7firefox

Congratulations to Gareth and DBelton and happy retirement to Evil_Bert you'll be missed.

I think Fedoraforum is the most informative, friendly, welcoming and helpful there is. For me this an important part of deciding the distro to stay with. So to all please keep up the good work