Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 14th July 2012, 01:51 PM
Linuxour Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Autoplus to help install codecs,flash etc...

This is a great script , thanks a lot
Old 21st July 2012, 04:32 PM
Driftwould Offline

linuxfirefox

I am updating my laptop from F15 to F17 and have been using Autoplus for sometime. Sadly I see on DangerMouse's website that he is ill and it will go dark next month. Very unfortunate since his script has been so helpful to me and nodoubt to many others. Does anybody no if it still works with F17? Can anyone recommend an alternative?

To dnmouse, thanks for all your help in the past and best wishes.
Old 21st July 2012, 04:40 PM
jbuckley2004 Online

linuxfirefox

Let me recommend EasyLife as a reasonable alternative. It worked well for me when I installed F17.

I second your thanks to Dangermouse. Autoten/Autoplus has been a tremendous help.
Old 21st July 2012, 05:54 PM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox

Autoplus does indeed still work for F17. I have used it on my F17 installs ever since F17 alpha was released.
Old 22nd July 2012, 04:07 PM
Riff Gaffer Offline

unknownfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwould View Post
I am updating my laptop from F15 to F17 and have been using Autoplus for sometime. Sadly I see on DangerMouse's website that he is ill and it will go dark next month. Very unfortunate since his script has been so helpful to me and nodoubt to many others. Does anybody no if it still works with F17? Can anyone recommend an alternative?

To dnmouse, thanks for all your help in the past and best wishes.
That's really sad. It seems from his site that it's because DM can't afford the hosting fees so maybe a few donations will help and keep the site going
Old 22nd July 2012, 06:50 PM
robertdaleweir Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff Gaffer View Post
That's really sad. It seems from his site that it's because DM can't afford the hosting fees so maybe a few donations will help and keep the site going
Hi Riff Gaffer
I agree. Freedom and free should not mean that Beer doesn't cost money. The help and usage of his work that I have gotten from DM goes beyond money. Let's step up and give him some help.
MoBo Gigabyte MA785GM-UD2H-AM3 MicroATX
Memory 8 Gigs OCZ DDR3-1333 PC-10666
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:46 AM
StephenH Offline

linuxfirefox

Yes, I too am sorry that such a useful utility as Autoplus will no longer be available. I would also like to challenge those who have found it useful but have not supported DangerMouse's efforts to do so. Perhaps if enough others step up, the site can be kept alive. (I would not make the challenge if I had not already given toward support).

at Dangermouse: How much is the hosting fee for the web site?

"We must understand the reality that just because our culture claims certain things are true it does not mean they are!" --M. Liederbach

http://pilgrim-wanderings.blogspot.com
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:56 PM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox

Sadly, just monetary support many not be enough

It still takes time and effort to keep the site running and the applications updated. If DM is having health issues, then he may not be able to continue to put the time in that it takes.

The monetary problems could probably easily be resolved with just a few donations from members here, but the other issues aren't so easily resolved

Whatever happens to his site and applications is secondary to his health, though. I sincerely hope and pray that DM makes it through his problems and comes back better than ever.

I am not going to go into any religious beliefs here (and don't wish this to start any religious debate), but I do hope that whatever your beliefs/religion, etc... that you keep DM in your thoughts and prayers/meditations/whatever, and wish him a very speedy recovery.
Old 5th August 2012, 08:49 PM
ddan Offline

linuxfirefox

I would say the most important is to keep the site active for awhile. DM wouldn't have to update the site for awhile until he is feeling better. We could all give a bit to the web hosting fee and see what happens with DM's health.

I could also host the site if that is required. But I'm probably not up to updating it up every release.

ddan
Old 5th August 2012, 09:40 PM
robertdaleweir Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddan View Post
I would say the most important is to keep the site active for awhile. DM wouldn't have to update the site for awhile until he is feeling better. We could all give a bit to the web hosting fee and see what happens with DM's health.

I could also host the site if that is required. But I'm probably not up to updating it up every release.

ddan
Hi ddan
Here here. I personally would be glad to help in anyway.
MoBo Gigabyte MA785GM-UD2H-AM3 MicroATX
Memory 8 Gigs OCZ DDR3-1333 PC-10666
Old 16th August 2012, 05:07 PM
ddan Offline

linuxfirefox

I haven't been able to contact dangermouse. But I'm still willing to host the site if that is required. Does anyone know how to contact him?

ddan
Old 16th August 2012, 06:02 PM
ajamison Offline

windows_7firefox

If need be someone can use the src rpm to host a side project of it till we can get in touch with Dave (A.K.A Dangermouse)

I have worked closely with him in the past and have his personal email if you are interested in helping him out with hosting or what not send me a PM on here i can forward you his email and you can pop him out an email.
-----------------
Wiki page helping to show appropriate Fedora versions of Ubuntu commands [url=https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedorianDictionary]Fedora Dictionary[/url <--- Outdated been very busy looking to update it soon
Old 16th August 2012, 06:06 PM
ajamison Offline

windows_7firefox

in case the site goes down before someone can get the src rpm

I have attached the src rpm for the latest release
Attached Files
File Type: rpm autoplus-1.4-5.src.rpm (25.8 KB, 114 views)
-----------------
Wiki page helping to show appropriate Fedora versions of Ubuntu commands [url=https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedorianDictionary]Fedora Dictionary[/url <--- Outdated been very busy looking to update it soon
Old 17th August 2012, 07:37 AM
Demz3

windows_7firefox

i tried to contact him over a month ago but got no reply . hope he gets better.
Old 17th August 2012, 10:51 AM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox

Guys, I share your concern and wishes that Dave's health improves and perhaps he'll take us up on our offers sometime in the future, but we must respect his decision to call a halt for now.

Easylife is a fine alternative and I'm sure Duli can use our support in his efforts as well.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
autoplus, codecs, flash, install