Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th August 2012, 10:07 AM
GandalfGraa Offline

linuxfirefox
Unhappy Plantronics D100 USB DECT headset

The Plantronics D100 USB DECT headset is a wonderful tool when it works as it allows autonomy of up to 100 meters from the computer during conversations. However, it does not work under Linux, as per the disclaimer of Plantronics. I think we should try to make this thing work!

Until two days ago I had Fedora 15, which recognised the USB stick as a headset with the correct ID and I could assign it as the input/output channel in PulseAudio. However, once the ear piece was switched on, the device fired a set of commands that were interpreted as mouse commands by X causing the mouse to misbehave or not work at all. This is a fundamental problem also seen by others and for several Linux distributions, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ty/+bug/993655

After upgrading to Fedora 17 the problem got worse: Now the system freezes completely when the USB stick is inserted... so I will not try try my shining toy again (soon)!

Any ideas of what we can do? Except demanding that equipment manufacturers provide drivers for their equipment for all platforms?

Thanks a million for any suggestion!

--- G

Tags
d100, dect, headset, plantronics, usb

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search