Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd August 2012, 03:37 AM
GrahamVH Offline

linuxfirefox
Macbook Pro 6,2 graphics selection

Howdy,
I've been having the issue of my Macbook Pro only lasting roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes on a system that would normally last 6 or more in OS X. I don't expect Fedora to be the same, but I think at least half would be nice.

More to the point:
I believe that one potential reason for the extra power usage is that Fedora may be using the Macbook's higher power nVidia card instead of the lower power integrated intel graphics. I would like to setup my system to run exclusively on the integrated intel graphics.

Through my searches I have seen several (unstable) options for graphics switching for linux platforms. I honestly don't care about being able to switch graphics cards on the fly, and would just like to exclusively use the integrated intel device. Can this be done without sacrificing stability?

This seems like it would be a common question, however, my google-foo has yet to give a good answer. Do you guys have any ideas?

I appreciate your help.

--
Thanks,
GrahamVH

Tags
graphics, macbook, pro, selection

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search