Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th June 2005, 03:56 AM
novice Offline

problem with samba profile

hi guys,

why does autocad 2004 won't run when i enabled roaming profile on my samba server?

BTW heres my setup i am running FC3 with samba 3.XX installed and set it up to act as a PDC server. the setup works fine with no problems. now when i enabled roaming profiles the process also works fine except for autocad2004 which will not run and keeps on reporting the following error:

FATAL ERROR: Invalid Configuration path\filename: c:\Documents and Settings\user1\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\Autocad 2004\R16.0\enu\

tried to login using a local user with no administrative rights autocad2004 work fine. so i concluded it must be the roaming profiles with samba server. unfortunately searching google for almost two weeks now doesn't help much.

anyone of you guys encounter such problem? or you have any idea how to solve this one?

thanxs a lot for your help
Old 9th June 2005, 09:10 PM
bubudiu Offline

1. Try getting a non-admin user profile to login, use autocad and then logoff. Make sure the settings are saved in %appdata% or wherever it saves its settings.

2. Copy that profile (with it setup as a .man) to the samba server.

3. See what happens.

BTW what host machine is that on W2k, XP Home or XP Pro? As XP Home is known to experience issues?

FC3 Firefox Start Page FC3 Firefox Start Page Download FC3 Hardening Guide FC3 Kernel Recompile Guide

Capt Bubudiu "Sheriff"

Tags
problem, profile, samba