Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th September 2005, 03:54 PM
cwynn Offline

FC3 mysql -3.23.58 rpm: Outdated y/n

Isn't 3.23.58-14 outdated

I installed this version and now I seriously regret it. First of all I can not get php to compile now. I had a later version of MSQL installed a version 4.1.9. For all intensive purposes it seemed to be working until I was told by the aurthor phpblog called "serendipity" that my msyql was the root of my problems.

So I removed msyql-4.1.9 and went looking for the lastest rpm version for FC3. I thought that 3.23.58 couldn't be the version number... but just a FC3 designation. But no it "was" the mysql version number.

So not I'm stuck trying to get php to compile. This is the comfigure command I've used now modified tor : mysql-3.23.58-14 to include the path to the mysql library.. But then check the error I get !

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/php --enable-force-cgi-redirect --disable-cgi --with-zlib --with-bz2 --with-gettext --with-gdbm --enable-mbstring --with-gd --enable-gd-imgstarttf --enable-gd-native-tff

this is the error:
configure: error: Cannot find libmysqlclient under /usr/local.

I don't get it? the configure is "still" looking in the /usr/local insttead of /usr/lib/mysql

this is the location of the installation of the lib files by the mysql-3.23.58-14.rpm created:
[root@localhost mysql]# pwd /usr/lib/mysql [root@localhost mysql]# ls
libmysqlclient_r.so.10 libmysqlclient.so.10 mysqlbug
libmysqlclient_r.so.10.0.0 libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 mysql_config

Last edited by cwynn; 26th September 2005 at 03:56 PM. Reason: removing confused misplaced :confused:
Old 28th September 2005, 11:58 PM
Jman Offline

mysql 4 was put off until the dual licensing issue was resolved.

If you want 4 you're probably better of installing Fedora Core 4 which aleady has it, and php 5.

Tags
fc3, mysql, outdated, rpm, y or n