Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th June 2006, 10:34 PM
dnageekbio Offline

Angry nm-applet tray icon missing

Hi,

After playing around installing, erasing and reinstalling the NetworkManager app in order to get it working properly with FC5 and ipw2200, finally I got it but somehow in the process the nm-applet tray icon got erased ... I already tried erasing the autoconf file, erasing and re-installing the gnome-networkmanager (nm-applet), checking and erasing nm-applet.desktop left overs files, enabling and disabling the service from the gnome-session-properties app, but NOTHING works out, The "funny" thing is that the netwok manager seems to be working, if I unplug the eth0, it automatically connects to eth1 and a notifying message appears from the GNOME Start Menu, but the d@mn tray icon is totally invisible, and I am not able to select which wireless network I want to connect to... PLEASE HELP ME, I am going nuts with this thing and I don't wanna mess around with the core NetworkManager packages since it seems like they are finally working the way they are supposed to.

Thanx!!

Tags
icon, missing, nmapplet, tray

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search