tashirosgt and lazlow -
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the network-scripts and both eth0 and eth1 were there, however the eth0 file had an entry for the MAC address which was not in the eth1 file. I entered the MAC address for the eth1 card and that solved that problem. However, I could only access the internet, not my home network. After screwing around for awhile, I switched the cables, i.e., what had been the internet card now went to my home network and vice versa and things started working fine. Now I have a problem with Samba and I may be back for help on that.
Thanks again for the help.