Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th January 2006, 12:29 PM
lxgamer Offline

ISA SERVER, Linux Client, Application wont connect

Hello.
Any one know, how to connect Applications, not using web proxy, (Yahoo, x-chat, etc).
Detailed scenario: I am behind ISA server firewall, on LAN, the ISA SERVER is in my reach, so I can make config changes, and I want to connect my Yahoo, and other applications to connect to internet from my Linux Box (Fedora Core 3).

U'll have to normally install ISA Client if U want to connect applictaions to the internet, or manually set their proxies to 8080 (default ISA proxy server's port) if those applications support that. Now on Linux U cant install ISA Client so only available port for me is 8080 (Web Proxy) and I can see webpages by manually entering them in the Browser's Proxies. But any one had any experience with other applicattions, How could I connect them to internet.

I've access to MS ISA server box and I can configure it's firewall settings or create new rules.... Just tell me if there is any server side configuration or client side configuration. Now it's around a week and i'm not able to run xchat and yahoo on my linux box.

Reguards.
Old 10th January 2006, 01:54 PM
lxgamer Offline

bump!!
Waiting for answer..
Old 10th April 2006, 01:03 PM
rajatn Offline

u can try ntlmaps....
HTML Code:
http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/
it acts as a proxy client....
Old 1st January 2007, 08:26 AM
lxgamer Offline

today i receive a pm about the same problem so This is how i fixed the problem without using ntlmaps

Hello,
Yes I solved that problem by Installing DNS server on win 2k3 machine with ISA server... In the wizard when installing DNS server in 'Forward Lookup Zones' Give the ip of linux box you can also add ip after installing dns server as shown in the pic. In this case 192.168.0.123 and 192.168.0.125 are ips of linux box.

After doing that DNS stuff open ISA Server MMC go to 'Array>>Configuration>>Networks and double click Internal network in popup window under webbrowser tab add the ips of linux box as shown in pic.

This is what i've done to access internet on linux box through ISA firewall, Hope this help, Do tell me if it works for you.

Also note that when using forwarders ISA server Cache will not work.. All your requests will be forwarded to the isp. Also on linux box in network settings give ISA server IP in DNS and default gateway.
Now every software will work without proxy (direct connection).

Regards.

Tags
application, client, connect, isa, linux, server