Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th March 2007, 04:39 AM
NightSprinter Offline

Loki installers non-functional in FC6

Has anyone that has tried the Loki installers for various games have trouble running them on FC6? I keep getting the following error:

Verifying archive integrity...tail: cannot open `+6' for reading: No such file or directory
Error in check sums 2132163790 4281850751

It's really annoying, as I have older games like Quake II, Heretic II, and a few others that I can install on Linux. What's stranger is that in other distros these script files HAVE worked. What should I do to get them working again?

Update, so far I'm only seeing this on the Heretic II updates.

Last edited by NightSprinter; 18th March 2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 06:37 AM
ppesci Offline

I try to install Myth 2 and the installer gave me an error about not having some libraries. In my case I think the installer was too old. .

Sad because loki games was pretty good, but the company went to bankrupt several years ago. Not enough demand.

PowerBook 15" G4 and
MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core 2 Duo
Intel I5 Desktop
Old 18th March 2007, 08:04 AM
NightSprinter Offline

I will say that it's a crying shame that it's highly difficult (if not impossible) to get the Loki games working on more modern distros. In fact, with the re-embracement of OpenGL again and with Linux starting to gain ground.. I truly would like to see someone acquire Loki and get it back to what it was: a company putting out great Linux games at a decent price.

Tags
fc6, installers, loki, nonfunctional