Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th May 2007, 03:26 AM
beetlebailey79 Offline

Red face Dual boot FC6 and XP trouble

I know there are a lot of similar posts but I can't seem to find my situation listed. Here is what I have: I have a Dell laptop which I have removed windows from and put FC6 on a few months ago. I like FC6 but there are certain things I can't seem to work around and I guess it's time to put a windows partition on it until I can learn how to work it correctly. I have the XP disk provided by Dell to do the install but I am having a problem. When I try to install XP, it says inspecting hardware and then locks up. I can't get any further. All of the other instructions I am finding in the forums are people doing a dual boot with windows already on the system and they are adding Fedora. Can someone PLEASE help me? I am not very well versed with Linux yet so the simpler the instructions the better. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tags
boot, dual, fc6, trouble

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules