Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd December 2007, 06:08 AM
Stall Offline

Banshee acting strange with id3 tags

Hello all.

Whenever I import music into Banshee, the info looks like this: http://i4.tinypic.com/6kz4nly.jpg

This isn't all of my songs, only the songs that were on my mp3 player. Other music players don't seem to have this issue, it appears to be just Banshee. Exaile, Listener, etc. all display the tags cleanly. Also, some tags that I import from my mp3 player are unaffected by this. I imported the mp3 via Gnomad.

Is there any way to fix this problem? I have tried to manually edit the tags with Banshee, but whenever I remove the tracks from Banshee's library, they revert back to how they appear in the picture.

Any help wold be great,
Stall
Old 4th December 2007, 01:45 AM
Stall Offline

Bump. I saw another, older thread with someone who had the same problem as I. There were no replies to his thread.

Please, someone help.
Old 4th December 2007, 03:53 AM
PabloTwo Online
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

Hi Stall-

I've recently installed Banshee and have played with it quite a bit latley. I haven't run across the strange charachter stuff as displayed in your listing sample. But then, I've not tried importing mp3's from my music player into Banshee, which is a San Disk Sansa c250.

I did, however, import some albums that I ripped from CD's using SoundJuicer, that appearently didn't have the id3 tag info quite right due to a missing plugin or two at the time (mainly id3lib) into Banshee and there were blank fields in all the tag info boxes for those files. I yum installed tagtool the other day to doctor up errant id3 tags, and can report it does a wonderful job.

I don't know how cure your problem from happening again, but I would recommend giving tagtool a whirl to fix up the music files with the strange extraneous display info. Once you catch on how to use tagtool, you can do stuff pretty quickly as it can operate on mulitple files at once.

Paul
Old 5th December 2007, 12:58 AM
Stall Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTwo
Hi Stall-

I've recently installed Banshee and have played with it quite a bit latley. I haven't run across the strange charachter stuff as displayed in your listing sample. But then, I've not tried importing mp3's from my music player into Banshee, which is a San Disk Sansa c250.

I did, however, import some albums that I ripped from CD's using SoundJuicer, that appearently didn't have the id3 tag info quite right due to a missing plugin or two at the time (mainly id3lib) into Banshee and there were blank fields in all the tag info boxes for those files. I yum installed tagtool the other day to doctor up errant id3 tags, and can report it does a wonderful job.

I don't know how cure your problem from happening again, but I would recommend giving tagtool a whirl to fix up the music files with the strange extraneous display info. Once you catch on how to use tagtool, you can do stuff pretty quickly as it can operate on mulitple files at once.

Paul
Installed with Pirut... will report back later on how everything worked.

Edit: It works!!! Great success! Thanks so much.

Last edited by Stall; 5th December 2007 at 01:21 AM.

Tags
acting, banshee, id3, strange, tags