<---- template headericclude ----->
FC8, added new HDD, won't work!!
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    cavin1 Guest

Question FC8, added new HDD, won't work!!

I have FC8 installed on my first HDD along with WinXP, all was well. Then last week I bought 250GB HDD and installed it. Well at least I performed the physical install. I now have 'sda' on Primary IDE and is 'master', I have the new 'sdb' on same IDE as 'slave'. With CD and Zip on other IDE. Due to cable lengths I cannot get the HDD's on separate IDE's as 'master's'.

I can see andwrite to new HDD in windows no problem. But I cannot mount the new HDD in Linux although I can see and work partition it in fdisk. I am having a problem understanding how I should config these in fstab. Both drives are available on 'qparted' and in 'dmesg'.

Can someone please help me get to use my new HDD or like Lexmark Printers have I just purchased a new doorstop !!!???

Thanks and regards Des Cavin

leigh123linux Guest
    Code:
    su -
    fdisk -l

cavin1 Guest
    Thanks for response 'leigh123@linux' I have looked and found many items whic moved me forward. However the best one to see the HDD partitions: su -c '/sbin/fdisk -l'. This produced a partition listing for BOTH my HDD's. This validates my WinXP being able to see the new HDD while I had difficulty in Linux. Now my next issue is how to mount the new hdd (sdb), try as I might I canno find a set of instructions which work. BTW the fact that I am a hdw engineer and not a Programmer may explain that failure. Can you please help me here ...... regards and thanks DesC....

leigh123linux Guest
    I can't help you if you don't post the output to the forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So cavin,

where is the output from 'fdisk -l' that leigh asked you for?

or have you figured it out yourself and so now this is a closed thread?

jm
    Linux Counter # 52009

cavin1 Guest
    Yes this is a closed thread, I was busy elsewhere for several days did not get a chance to respond, I figured the issue out and all is well, thanks to those who responded......................................