Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th December 2016, 01:11 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Re: Show your desktop screenshot

a DE is only as powerful as the human sat in front of it who configured it. In normal daily use many of us only use a tiny percentage of the features available to us. I'm still finding new tricks with MATE too. glad you found something you like though with fvwm.
Old 30th December 2016, 10:33 AM
topiwala Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

You are correct that every use case is different and i also think that these window managers are becoming old as newer tech like wayland arrives. MATE is in transition state like GNOME3 is since F14. I am waiting for full transition to complete. Have one machine for MATE and one for XFCE. I do not fully understand the implications of the changes.
Old 30th December 2016, 03:38 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

the transition is from GTK+2 to GTK+3 started with Fedora 23 and in F25 it is 99.9% complete. all packages are compiled in GTK+3 for this release. sure there are a few niggles that still need ironing out but it works reasonably well as a DE. The stumbling blocks I have faced are due to components from other DE I use (bluez from GNOME in particular).
Old 10th April 2017, 07:16 PM
topiwala Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

MATE desktop

Last edited by topiwala; 10th April 2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Changed image resolution
Old 9th May 2017, 02:54 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

CentOS 7 with MATE 1.16 and mintmenu from the Fedora Project EPEL repository (exceedingly tenuous link for posting these shots here)

arc-darker theme, arc& moka icon packs cloned from github and Classic Sports Cars Theme converted from Windows Theme Pack to MATE XML slideshow because despite the origins it's got some great cars in. kde oxygen pointer and custom font setup.

Tags
cinnamon, desktop, desktop background, e16, kde, lxde, mate, screenshot, share, show, wallpaper