Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th March 2006, 02:08 AM
jrpi Offline

Unhappy USB modem config to internet connection

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux Fedora Core 5, I have just installed Fedora on a Gateway Solo laptop, and want to connect to the internet using my Actiontec Gateway Modem/router.

The Laptop did have an ethernet card, but it is for a dailup modem type. Linux did find that card with no problem, but my problem is that it looks for that card everytime I try and config the network.

I want to be able to use my internet through my usb port, which is connected to my Actiontec Modem/router.

Thank you in advance for any help on this topic.

I have tried using modprobe usbnet, and do not recieve any error messages.

I have tried using dhclient and again it returns no error messages.

jrpi
Old 28th March 2006, 04:54 PM
jrpi Offline

Also I wanted to add, I want to connect to the internet using my usb port, every trend or thread I have read deals with connecting via NIC card. I want to connect using usb port. It works on my other laptop using XP, but not with Fedora Core 5.

Again Thanks in Advance for any help you can lend.

Tags
config, connection, internet, modem, usb

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search