Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th April 2006, 02:16 PM
darkprok Offline

Online Radio Stations on FC5

Hi

I'm having trouble tuning to online radio stations with amarok-1.4-0.9.beta2.fc5.
I'm able to listen to local mp3s via both the akode and gstreamer engines.
(I have gstreamer-plugins-ugly from livna, and I've rebuilt the akode and kdemultimedia SRPMs myself to include mp3 support)
When I attempt to connect to a radio station, however, nothing happens if I use the akode engine and the entire app crashes when i use the gstreamer engine.

With rhythmbox I'm able to listen to radio stations but I get no meta-information about the currently streamed song.

Any ideas?
Old 5th April 2006, 09:50 PM
stan0934 Offline

I'm not sure what radio format you are listening to, but I found that you can use xmms to listen to stations broadcasting in mp3 format and it streams to one big mp3 on my drive. I then use Audacity to split it into tracks.

-Stan
Old 7th April 2006, 09:38 PM
fedoraphile Offline

Have you tried streamtuner for listening and streamripper for capturing in mp3 format?
Registered Linux User #391321
-----------------------------------
Fedora Core 7 32-bit, ASUS P4P800 SE mobo, Antec SLK1650 case with 450-watt Antec PS, Intel P4 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR400 RAM, 256 MB ATI Radeon 9200 SE, Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1, 16X DVD-ROM Pioneer DVD-120, 16X DVD-RW Sony DRU-820A, 80GB IDE Western Digital WD800JB, 10GB IDE Quantum Bigfoot TS, 80GB SATA Western Digital IDE WD800JD, Samsung 19" LCD SyncMaster 912N.

Tags
fc5, online, radio, stations