Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th April 2006, 04:21 PM
like Offline

Can't access home folder

Hi,

I tried to copy a file to my home folder but it says that I don't have the permission to do so. Please help.
Old 24th April 2006, 04:55 PM
scotta3234 Offline

Hello,
A couple of things might have happened. Have you made sure you're trying to copy that file into "roots" home but rather "your user names" home? If that isn't the case then have you made sure that the file you were trying to copy over was not locked? either by the user or because it was created by the root user. you can always login your computer as root and change the file permissions of your user names folder or the file you are having trouble with. make sure it has full access read/write. just be careful as you don't want to change any other folder permissions.
Old 24th April 2006, 06:33 PM
like Offline

I just configured to have NTFS support, but I still don't have the permission to access my windows partitions. How to gain more permissions?
Old 24th April 2006, 08:17 PM
scotta3234 Offline

Log into your system as root (at the light blue login screen) and change the contents of the folders/files to have read/write access. You could also simply change the permissions of the files or folders by selecting the "group" that has access. Also, you will not be able to write to your ntsf partition from fedora. it is read only

Tags
access, folder, home